Application for Admission (PDF)
Why learn to fly in Canada?
Canada readily accepts students from all nations and the training standards are among the highest in the world
Canadian Licenses meet the ICAO standard
Flight training standards are among the highest in the world and recognized by the International Civil Aviation Organization
Lower cost of flying in part due to relatively low fuel costs when compared with other countries
Experience flying in a wide variety of weather conditions due to four distinct seasons
Why learn to fly in Wetaskiwin, Alberta?
- Located in central Alberta, Canada, Wetaskiwin offers all amenities within a small friendly city
- Wetaskiwin Regional Airport is located minutes away from the Edmonton International Airport offering immediate access to uncontrolled and controlled air space experience and training. This eliminates costly ferrying time which helps maximize training dollars
- The Wetaskiwin Regional Airport and business located on the premise provide a welcoming and healthy learning environment where students feel comfortable and meet other aviation enthusiasts
- Ability to fly and see many of Canada’s unique features, landscapes, and cultures from the central Canadian location. View the Travel Alberta website to see the diversity of Alberta.
- Home to Canada’s Aviation Hall of Fame
- Attend and take part in of the City's festivals, events, recreational activities, museums, and parks
- For more information visit the City of Wetaskiwin
Why learn to fly with Wetaskiwin Air Services?
- Wetaskiwin Air Services is a family run company and has has been training pilots for over 40 years
- The professional and passionate team of flight instructors ensure that safety is the first priority and that training standards and experience exceed requirements
- Ability to train on the world’s most common aircraft – Cessna 150 and Cessna 172 for single engine training and Twin Comanche for Multiengine training maintained by highly experienced aircraft maintenance division on site
- Flexible hours and accelerated options help students progress at their own pace
- Option to complete private and commercial licenses as well as an instructor rating and a variety of other flight training options
- Transport Canada Certified Pilot Examiner on staff
- Written Exams on site.
- Wetaskiwin Air Services is a member of the Air Transport Association of Canada
- Short term student accommodation is available to students in a comfortable furnished town house setting
Frequently Asked Questions
English Language Requirements:
A very good overall command of the English Language is required to begin your training. Prior to licensing, all Canadian Pilot Students are required by Transport Canada to pass the Aviation English Language Proficiency Exam. This exam is conducted via telephone and usually takes less than twenty minutes to complete. Wetaskiwin Air Services' Chief Pilot is endorsed by Transport Canada to administer the exam. Additional information can be found regarding the exam on the Transport Canada page. Resources can be made available for potential students as needed.
2. Student Housing:
Wetaskiwin Air Services has very comfortable furnished student housing available on a weekly or monthly basis for International Students. The residence has a full kitchen and bathroom as well as laundry facilities, garage, and central air conditioning. The town house is within walking distance to shopping, recreational facilities, grocery (food) markets, restaurants, and the airport. Please contact us for rates and availability.
3. Application Process:
4. Student Support: